Novo specializes in renovating and converting homes. Usually the home in question has recently been purchased and we do all the renovation and conversion work before the new owner moves in.
We are specialized in the following areas:
- plastering and masonry
- electricity and wiring
- laying floors
That is why Novo can carry out virtually all types of renovations and conversions. Novo is specialized in work, such as:
- creating extra rooms in an attic: finishing dormer windows, erecting walls, plastering walls, wallpapering and/or painting, laying floors, wiring, putting in wash basins etc
- converting bathrooms: increasing the size of your shower or repositioning it, putting in new bathroom furnishings, tiling, lighting, placing ventilation and suction apparatus etc
- renovating living rooms: finishing living room extensions, plastering walls, wallpapering and/or painting, laying floors, putting in extra wall sockets etc
- installing or removing electricity, water or gas
- preparing groundwork for putting in a kitchen (however, not the actual installation of the kitchen)
- exterior painting, building patios or terraces, garden lighting etc.
There are also some jobs we do not undertake:
We do not undertake large constructional work such as knocking down walls to place a supporting beam, adding extensions and/or constructing houses (although we do complete them), placing dormer windows (however, we do complete them), carrying out large installation jobs like installing electricity meters or central heating systems (although we do move radiators and/or wall sockets), nor do we place or install kitchens (however, we do prepare all the groundwork such as ensuring that the piping is positioned according to the kitchen supplier’s plans).
Novo's Unique Formula
Novo’s unique “low cost’ formula:
The reason why Novo is able to work at these very competitive rates is because their way of working is different from the usual approach in the many countries from Europe. Novo works on the basis of a so-called ‘low cost’ formula. An important aspect of this is that we work with an open calculation factor, which allows you, as our client, to always be completely aware of the costs.
‘Low cost’ formulas are already in operation in many industries, like, for instance, the aviation industry (Easyjet), the retail industry for furniture and furnishings (Ikea), the computer industry (Dell), etc. The underlying basis of all these formulas is similar: low prices by providing the quality the customer desires at low costs and by saving on what the customer does not need. Doing business directly (without the middlemen) and customer participation are often part of this, too. Novo is now introducing a ‘low cost’ formula into the renovation and building conversion world.
Part of the ‘low cost’ formula is that the customer himself or herself takes on the role of building contractor. We call this ‘contracting for yourself’. This is not the same as ‘doing it yourself’ because then the customer actually does the work himself or herself. In the case of ‘contracting for yourself’, the customer does the planning/arranging/purchasing of the materials etc. himself or herself, but the actual work is done by the independant subcontractors at Novo. Novo can be one of the firms hired to do certain jobs and other specialists might be hired to carry out other work (for example, large constructional work, installing central heating systems, putting in meter cupboards and so on). Of course, on every project a foreman is present, who is in charge of the work and who discusses how the work is progressing. By electing to contract for yourself’, you, the customer, have complete control on how the money is spent. This means that you decide for yourself what you would like to invest in so that you have quality and where you would like to economize. When renovating buildings, there is always a risk of unexpected setbacks. The client is liable for the loss resulting from any unexpected setbacks. It is for this sole reason that Novo is able to offer you low prices.
A summary of the 'low cost' formula is as follows:
- You, as a customer, ‘contract for yourself’
- We work on the basis of an open calculation
- We make no profit on materials
- We show all labour costs
- We are satisfied with low margins
- We save costs by providing accommodation on the premises
- We work long hours which makes us work more efficiently
- We guarantee quality on all the work done by Novo
- The client is liable for setbacks or loss.
The following steps
If our way of working appeals to you, you can fill in the application form on our website. Of course, we require your contact details plus certain particulars relating to the building that is to be renovated or converted.
Once we have all these details, we will contact you to arrange an inspection of the premises. During this inspection, we will estimate how many days or weeks it will probably take to complete the work desired. To do this effectively, together we will take a tour of the premises and we will assess each job separately. Once we have completed our tour of the premises, we will immediately be able to offer you an estimate of the costs. We will then come to an agreement on when the job can be started, what the deadline for completion is and whether there are any accommodation facilities for the workers or not.